Monday, May 27, 2013

A lil bit of everything: Good food, Hermes, DIY

I love bank holidays! We stayed in London for the long weekend and filled it with loads of good food, some (fashion) culture and a dash of DIY thrown in the mix. Here are a few photos...

Upstairs at The Ten Bells
Kicking off the long weekend early with a girlie Friday lunch at Upstairs at The Ten Bells with Serena, Giulia and Pooja . I have never been, heard great things about their food, saw their lunch deal and gather a troop over to check it out. Their lamb sweetbreads was out of this world, I would love a second (and third) helping of it but the starter of breaded aubergine with sweet & sour caper, walnut and parmesan was a let down. It doesn't even taste like aubergine...an odd dish.

20130524_194050
Ming, Arya and I flipped coins to decide between Korean and Vietnamese for dinner...the odds were strongly favouring Vietnamese even with numerous recounts! I am not allowed to divulge the restaurant name by the boys but if you are a Vietnamese food lover, I am sure you know this place. Best pho in London by a mile. The only hint I can provide is its not on Kingsland Road....sorryyyyyy

Hermes Festival de Metiers
I found myself in Sloane Square on a bright Saturday morning, meeting Marlene and Fauxionista for the first time (through the joy of blogging!)...checking out Hermes Festival de Metiers in Saatchi Gallery. Can I just say I was blown away by the artisan work these craftsmen produce? I was, I still am. BLOWN AWAY. INSPIRIED. SPEECHLESS. I was completely engrossed in the making of the silk scarf and bag...check out Marlene's post on the exhibition, she has better pictures and able to articulate the exhibition much better than me at this point. Right, need to seriously start saving up for a Kelly bag - £1 a day just doesn't cut it anymore!

20130525_144355
Fueling up after the exhibition at Shoryu for a ramen fix. Tried the Sapporo Miso which has a subtle flavour...think I will stick with my favourite Dracula Tonkotsu next time. I do like me some garlic breath!

May bank holiday BBQ 2013
The sun finally got the memo that its springtime and came out on Sunday!!! Ming requested a BBQ and he got one. I think we might have OD-ed a little on meat.

20130527_133557
What is bank holiday without some good ol' fashion DIY thrown in the mix? If you are not going away on holiday, you DIY - that's the unspoken rule of bank holiday. I got the easy task this time round...painting the garden table while Scott sorted out the peeling paint in the bathroom - eik!

No comments:

Post a Comment