In my previous company, we were given an additional day off to do things that we want to do but never actually have the time to due to the nature of our 9-5 Monday to Friday work schedule. The idea is to spend some time away from the office and come back inspired by what we see/do and hopefully translate it into something meaningful for the business (nice PR chatline but we just took it as it is - an additional day off!) Some of my colleagues took the day off to visit a museum, watch a musical, spend time with their kids.
Me? Well I rounded up 3 of my besties from the office and we went on a house
I know this might sound odd - like snooping into someone else's home - but if you love interior design, you would love this tour! I love it and spend too much time gawping on interior blogs and magazines. Nothing beats 'real life' tour though. The amount of time I have my eyes fixed on an open window/door instead of the road in front of me...it is a wonder I have not hit a lamppost on my bike yet!
So this long weekend (taking Friday off!) I am:
- going on another house tour, this time viewing houses in North London with my 3 besties again. We were so excited when we found out they used a picture they took of us in their magazine to promote the event this year....Yea...we are like soooo famous - flicks hair!
- an early start on Saturday morning in Battersea Park as Scott attempts another one of his 10k runs. As a loving wife, I sit and wait (in the cold) for him to finish it in good time. Fingers cross he do it in under 40 minutes again cause you know...the faster he runs, the less time I have to sit in the cold.
- I think a celebratory lunch will be in order after his run - something carb laden to wart of the cold for me.
- There are plans for a house warming BBQ at Ming's new flat in London Bridge. Not so sure about the BBQ bit but when it involves Ming, it will be good food so I am game!
- We have a double date dinner with El and Gareth on Sunday at Morito for a one-off theater/dining experience. I am super excited about this as it is one of our favourite restaurant
- The classic London weather is not letting up and I feel like a home-baked cake is in order...I am thinking of this as I recently bought some matcha powder