Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bittersweet

pau 1

It was a bittersweet trip home. But drawing from the positives, it was good to be home with my family. The last time we were all under one roof was July last year for my wedding so it felt right to be back home and hear those familiar voices and in-house jokes. I switched off - no phone, no laptop and it was a very good feeling. All my cousins were home too - all 14 of us. It has been a very very long time since we were all in the same place, albeit for a very sad reason but we were all there. There is not enough time to catch up with everyone but the emotional support was immense.

I am back in London now and still struggling to comprehend the sudden loss of a much loved uncle. I probably never will but his memories lives on.

No comments:

Post a Comment