It's Scott's birthday this Sunday and I am taking him to Paris as his birthday present! (OK - the truth is Eurostar is doing £55 return deal and I really wanna go!) We are leaving on Thursday after work until Sunday and we are so very excited! Paris is the only city we have both been numerous times together and still yearn to go back for more.
There is definately something about the city no? We have done the touristy bits and now we enjoy exploring different parts of Paris and returning to our old favourites for a quick hello (Left bank / Latin Quarter/ Ile Saint-Louis / Notre Dame).
For this trip, I want to do the following:
- visit the Lourve and actually go in to see the Mona Lisa
- try the bread from Poilane as recommended by David
- have a winter picnic with bread, cheese and wine from the market at Motte-Piquet
- then warm up with a cup of hot chocolate, hopefully we are close by an Angelina
- get a Berthillon ice cream from the shop at Ile St Loius - this is a must for us in Paris
- try to grab a seat by the corner pub near Pont St Louis for a dark beer and watch the street musicians
- buy some macaroons from Laduree for Scott's birthday and as a sweet treat for the train ride home
- buy more cheese and wine for our train picnic home (my cold bag is already in my luggage!)
We rented an apartment for this trip. We did it once before and love the space it provided. We used this agency again and fingers cross we will not be disappointed
I did loads of research via blogs this time round - I love Jordan's blog about her life in Paris and the amazing DIY she shares. She recommended David's blog and there are a wealth of information in there on Paris! He is my new favourite blog of the moment - go check it out
photo source: 1, 2, 3, 4