1) We finally spruced up the cellar entry. Nothing major - a good old scrub, a little bit of paint magic, trusty Dyson to suck up the dusk and we have a more welcoming cellar entry! You would think that a space that small would take no time to get it done but we had to do this over 2 weekends - DIY always always takes longer than expected. The tiny shelves baffled us for a day as we struggled to get the screws in, we were having a 'blond' moment but we got there. Tip of the day: It's all about the tools....get a freaking awesome drill!
2) Salad box for the seasons - you can see the rocket leaves (top left) sprouting out faster than the rest....I would like to believe that is why they are called rocket...for speed of sprouting - very apt! In 2nd place is the mixed leaves salad and in joint 3rd/last place are spinach and cress. Can we deduce from this that popeye is strong but not a fast runner?
3) Rhubarb and strawberry jam - its a known fact that once you see rhubard in your garden/shops you know summer is just around the corner! It is always our first harvest from the garden and it reminds us to get our act together for the rest of the seedling for the season. One jar will be kept for all the 'special' people visiting in August
4) Tomatoes and chillies going strong and ready to be potted outside once the sun decides to show up. We always start with seeds vs. baby plants...cheaper but require some organisation to get it going whilst it is still freezing outside. Look at how tall these are already...so proud!
5) And the biggest accomplishment of all - I got my Permanent Residency approval! Woo hoo. 12 years and counting as a UK resident....crazy how fast time flies. I want to bake to celebrate...but not quite yet. Scott is away this weekend for his stag do (I hope he survives without alcohol poisoning!) and I cannot justify baking a cake just for myself...I cannot...it is bad...bad for my hips and heart function...So I will wait ... to share the