Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Giant harvest

Can I show you what we harvested this weekend?

P1140334
1 giant courgette
1 kohlrabi (the purple globe - tasty nutty flavour sliced raw in salads)
1 mini cucumber (we got over-excited and harvest it while it's tiny)
2 giant radishes (I know they look small in the picture but trust me they are huge compared with standard radish.The reason they look small is because they are next to the giant courgette!)

So lets focus on the courgette - biggest ever harvest. Fair to say we are proud!
P1140336
longer than Scott's face...

P1140338
So heavy it could be used as dumbbells

Still don't believe me when I say it is huge? OK - I didn't want to do this but here goes...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
P1140341
it is bigger than a cow!

P1140333
Scott sorted out the garden this weekend ...

victoria sponge cake
...so I made him victoria sponge cake as a thank-you. Or maybe that is a thank-you to myself for going for a run that week. I'm undecided

P1140346
French doors from the bedroom to garden - One of my favourite spot. You can smell the lavender just standing there

No comments:

Post a Comment